Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Habits, What are they? Do we make habits or do we simply change our habits to make better use of the time? Lets say someone goes to the coffee shop every morning and gets a donut and coffee. Then he decides he wants to start running to get rid of some of them donuts. So instead of going to the coffee shop he goes and runs a couple miles. Know the question is, did he (a) Make a new habit?
(b) break an old habit?
Or c) simply change his habits?
We could say he has made a new habit, because he is doing something he was not doing before. We could also say he broke an old habit because he is not doing something he always used to do. Also, instead of eating donuts and drinking coffee and gaining weight, He is now running and getting in shape. Therefore he changed his habits. So tell me, Which is it?

Ps 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, that is pretty deep Josiah. I really don't know what the answer is but whatever it is I think I need to start doing it after the recent invasion of all these Christmas goodies. Yikes!

JBeaz said...

I think all three are true, but if you had to pick one I think it's answer c) .

Regarding, North Dakota, I admit I'm sometimes harsh about other states. I'm just giving my perspective. And if I ever met anyone from there, I might change my opinions. :-)

Caleb

PS - I had to hack in to Josh's account to leave this comment. ;-)

Jacob said...

Ooh! The glass is definately half full in this case-- as in all cases, of course! :-D

~:-( Caleb, why'd you do that?! And here I almost thought Josh was actually back on Blogger! Yeah, I agree: logically, all 3 work.

Peace! --Jacob