Thursday, November 02, 2006

Well, today I put up Christmas lights. What, Christmas lights already? You my think I am really ahead of the game. The fact is that we are leaving Tuesday and will be gone till December 5th and the lights at the park will be open by then. So we had to have them up before we left. The big tree down at the park get a little taller every year and in another year or two our 55ft boom truck is not going to be able to reach the top of the tree. It’s a big tree alright. We just did 2/3 of the front side and put on 1,125 of the C9 7watt light bulbs. That’s well over 7500 watts of power just to light the tree. What else have I been up to? Well this past weekend I got checked out in a Cessna 182 and got my high performance endorsement. For those of you wondering what a high performance endorsement is or means. It means that an instructor gave me training, and singed off that I am competent to fly a airplane with more than 200 rated horse power. We were going to fly to North Dakota but snow moved in up there, so we couldn’t go. I know have just over 216hrs of 250 needed for the commercial license.
A verse for the day Lamentations 3:24-26 The Lord is my portion saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. The Lord is good to the soul that seeketh Him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

No comments: