Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wow, tomorrow we will be leaving for a seven week trip down south, for two prison crusades, two family seminars, and a lot of services in between. As you can imagine, life is pretty busy around here at the moment. Dad and us boys are doing last minuet repairs and such on the bus, to get it ready for the trip. And the girls are doing a lot of cooking and packing.

One thing I wanted to get done before we left was to take FAA CFII written test. (FAA is the Federal Aviation Administration, CFII is the Certified Flight Instructor Instrument.) The test went well and when the test administrator pulled up the score, I scored a 98%. Which is real good, but means out of the fifty question on the test, I only missed one. One away from perfect. I was real happy about the good score, the best I have ever scored. But to be only one away from perfect, is perhaps just a little disappointing. Kind of mixed emotions, yea I got a good score, but I could have done a little better. I suppose its all what standers we hold ourselves to. Is good, good enough? Or is my best effort the only thing that is good enough?

Col 3:23&24 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the great test score! And congratulations to all of you on your successful deer hunt! I am looking forward to hearing about it. JConner