Monday, March 12, 2007

After over seven weeks on the road we are finally home!! You can pray for us as we try to find a replacement bus/coach within the next three weeks before we head out west.

We (that would be us oldest eight children) are helping with taking care of the children for the Nebraska state home school convention as in years past. We will have about 200+ children the last Friday and Saturday in March. And as in years past there is a drama with a theme and biblical life lessons, and last year I made the drama team....as a bad guy. So this year you'll never guess what part they gave me....yep, another bad guy part. They say its cause a I make such a "good" bad guy. But I can't help but wonder, if there is such a thing as a "good" bad guy. Although I must say it is a fun part, and I'll give my best at being a "good" bad guy.

One thing on the trip that really touched me, and I'll share it with you is while ministering in prison, one of the prisoners made the statement that the first time he used a fork and spoon was in prison. Most, if not all these guys came from a rough family background, or no family at all. It made me think, what did I do to grow up in a family that loved me. Absolutely nothing, God placed me here, and for that I am very thankful. But if I had a childhood like most these men behind bars, most of whom either do not know there father, or hate there father, and wish they had never known him because, he was so abusive, I would be right in there with them. Its great to see how God takes and changes anybody when they surrender to His Lordship. For its not that I am better than they, I need God's grace, and forgivness just as much as they do. It is by God's grace and for knowledge (nothing to do with me) that I have grown up in a loving family, but to whom more is given, more is required. Its not how many talents I have, but what am I doing with the talents I do have, or should I say, that God has given me?

4 comments:

Goldfish said...

Great post, Josiah-- really makes you think.

Anonymous said...

And how mamny times we take all our blessings for granted, THANKS FOR THE GREAT REMINDER, jOSIAH!
keep up the great work!!!

Jacob said...

Amen!!! Recently, we have been studying Romans in Bible study. I hope it's okay that this comment is so long. These medidations are really exciting!

Romans 9:17-18 "So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth."

Romans 9:22-23 "What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory."

Deuteronomy 9:5 "Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."

Romans 11:22 "Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off..."

Romand 11:32-36 "For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen."

Melanie said...

Thank you Josiah. I appreciate the challenge of those thoughts to really stop and appreciate the gift that we have been given in a family that loves and obeys the Lord and His Word.

Wow...what a blessing we have been given!