Sunday, March 04, 2007

This afternoon we enjoyed our last full day in Orlando. We were able to spend the afternoon with the Timothy Pent Family, who had just gotten home Friday after serving as missionaries in South Korea. Back home if you were to go to the lake right now you would bring your ice skates, but not here in central Florida. The Pents had a boat, so Andrew and I were able to try wake boarding for the first time.
Getting up out of the water was bit tricky, but both Andrew and I were able to manage it on the second try. Although Andrew had the advantage having watched me do it first. Bethany is so good at making me look good!
This may look like a cool wakeboarding trick, or something like that. The truth be told, it ended with a big splash!

Something like this.

And here is my brother Andrew! He did pretty good too!

And yes, Andrew had some good splashes as well.

6 comments:

Kori said...

I must say... Ya'll were very good for your first time! You looked like professionals out there! :) I had a blast watching ya'll! It was good seeing you all this past week! Have a safe trip back and we love you all! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like SO much fun!! So glad you had a good time..
:)

Goldfish said...

WOW! It looks like yo guys had a blast! It is so cold up here that it is hard to believe thyat somewhere people are doing that!!! :D Just looking at the pictures makes me cold! Glad you had fun, can't wait until camp!!! :) :D

Kris said...

Well it does look like you had fun, I have never been wake boarding before but I have been skiing and tubing and that is always a lot of fun. Just looking at those pictures makes me think of summer :) I just got back from Nebraska and Colorado, and I already miss the sun! Well it looks like I was wrong about your name, are you sure it is not Daniel? Just kidding, Hope you have a safe trip back.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if that would be quite as fun as ice skating(at least right now), but it does look like TONS of fun!!! You guys might enjoy the website at www.wackywarnings.com. "Common sense" must have been taken out of some companies' dictionary:>. I hope you all continue top have a great time!! God bless!! JConner

Anonymous said...

Jason -
We just had to say thankyou so much for directing the guys to the wacky warning website. my sister, cousin, and i went and laughed our heads off and cried our eyes out -- well, almost!
thanks again for the dose of humor!
for everyone else - i think this warning takes the cake:

A can of self-defense pepper spray warns users: “May irritate eyes”

no, no, no! this one really does it!

The label on a bottle of drain cleaner warns: “If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.”

oh, i don't know! they are all so hilarious! you've gotta check it out! thanks again!
nicole chmelar

ps. maybe you should post something along these lines, josiah! :)